Cultivate a culture of inquiry within yourself, your teams, and your organization to uncover new opportunities, drive innovation, and deliver value.
WHAT DOES THIS SIX WEEK ONLINE COURSE COVER?
Asking the right questions has the power to dissolve the barriers to creative thinking: It can move the emphasis away from finding a single correct answer and on to creating larger positive change and greater organizational value.
The Inquiry-Driven Leadership online short course, from Hal Gregersen and Roger Lehman at the MIT Sloan School of Management, teaches you to adopt a questioning approach to effectively identify and solve organizational problems. You’ll learn about the conditions and behavioral habits that facilitate the space for asking better questions, and develop the ability to find, frame, and solve challenges within your context.
By learning to facilitate productive inquiry with a question-based mindset, you’ll uncover new business insights and opportunities for innovation. Discover the catalytic questions that foster transformative change, shift behaviors and beliefs, and generate individual and organizational value.
IS THIS MIT COURSE FOR YOU?
If you’re interested in solving business problems, this course will help you to develop the inquisitive leadership skills to overcome real business challenges and uncover new opportunities in your organization. The productive inquiry tools taught in this program will benefit professionals across functions and industries. Senior and middle managers alike will benefit from an understanding of why a question-based approach is becoming increasingly relevant in today’s context of uncertainty and disruption. For consultants and strategists, as well as marketing, innovation, and operations professionals, the course will serve to develop your problem-finding and -solving strengths, and assist you in driving profound change in your organization
HOW WILL THIS COURSE SET YOU APART?
- Create the conditions for a questioning culture that identifies and solves business challenges
- Recognize and dissolve the barriers that constrain productive inquiry and creative thinking
- Distinguish the types of productive, catalytic questions that drive change and innovation
- Understand how CEOs and innovators transform industries by asking the right questions
A learning program that's as innovative as you and your company aspire to be
WHAT DOES THIS ONLINE COURSE COVER?
Innovator’s Accelerator is an experiential learning solution that helps your company develop innovation capabilities anywhere, anytime, with any employee. Designed with state-of-the-art learning technologies, the Edison award-winning Innovator’s Accelerator features: content from world-renowned innovation experts, Clay Christensen, Jeff Dyer and Hal Gregersen; an IDEO-designed user experience that is personalized, social, collaborative and engaging; activities that are gamified and motivating, while relevant to specific business challenges; and Skill-building projects that transform employee behavior and address real business problems.
IS THIS COURSE FOR YOU?
Thousands of professionals representing more than one hundred companies have experienced Innovator’s Accelerator. Each of these companies is committed to creating and sustaining a culture of innovation with the power to transform their organization.
HOW WILL THIS COURSE SET YOU APART?
- Create a unified, enterprise-wide approach to innovation. Promote a common framework for practicing innovation using methods from the world’s leading experts on innovation.
- Engage employees and energize emerging leaders. Develop top performers through a collaborative, experiential, and action-oriented learning program.
- Change behavior. Teach employees to act differently so they can think differently. The IA experience accelerates behavior change through development of discovery skills that build innovative capacity.
- Maximize impact and generate solutions. The IA experience offers multiple opportunities to apply new knowledge and skills to specific business challenges.
Introduction to the Course
Everyone is an Innovator
You have more creative capacity than you think.
Whether or not you consider yourself a “creative person,” the innovation self-assessment offers practical insights on how you can spark more creativity within yourself and your team. It will provide feedback on Five Discovery Skills that are the key behaviors consistently practiced by innovative people. Based on our research for The Innovator’s DNA book, these behaviors—Questioning, Observing, Networking, Experimenting and Associating—contribute to one’s ability to generate novel ideas that result in new products, processes, or business models.
Mastering the Five Skills of Disruptive Innovators
The Innovation Assessment has been proven across industries around the world.
“Innovator’s DNA sheds new light on the once-mysterious art of innovation by showing that successful innovators exhibit common behavioral habits––habits that can boost anyone’s creative capacity.”
Steven R. Covey | Franklin Covey